Sunday, April 26, 2009

Bloom where you are planted


This morning I had a wonderful conversation with a high school girlfriend of mine and we were talking about the challenges of family life, our new careers and how to make it all work out. At a time where she was having emotional challenges in her life, her grandmother had sent her the message 'Bloom where you are planted'. When she told me this, it deeply resonated for me. Despite the challenges and constantly swimming against the current, I will bloom where I am planted!
I took this picture of a beautiful iris as we climb the base of Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica. It was quite surprising to see such beautiful flowers in the midst of black volcanic rock with little or no vegetation. I hope that this will fill your hearts with comfort and encouragement as it did for me!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture Michele!
    I love that quote. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete